Related Links

Monday, February 4, 2013

Who we are!


Follow us on Twitter and Instagram! @TheOrganicHype

Growing up, I couldn't have cared less about the food I ate. The terms organic, free range and all natural meant nothing to me. Like many of my fellow Americans, I would get into heated debates over who had the best dollar menu. Then everything changed.

I decided to start The Organic Hype because this is one of the things I truly believe in. Even growing up in California, Organic eating really wasn't exposed to me until I went to college. I had to take an ethics course as one of the requirements for my law school certificate program and when I saw that "Climate Change" was one of the topics, I literally laughed out loud. I thought thought that topic was forever behind us along with Al Gore's presidential campaign. In my defense, I was young and relatively uneducated at the time.

As I started studying the environment and climate change, I realized how big of an impact eating has on our planet. The more I studied, the stronger I felt about the subject. The only thing I wish is that I would have known about these things earlier in life. That is why I have started The Organic Hype. This is a blog to promote an Organic lifestyle. I hope I can convince you through logic and reason to stop supporting companies who are knowingly destroying our planet. I don't just want you to stop supporting fast food restaurants (although I highly suggest you do just that), I want to encourage you to purchase from companies who are promoting healthy living.

In her book “Your Money and Your Life,” Vicky Robin says “How you spend your money is how you vote on what exists in the world.” That is one of my favorite quotes because it is so true! If enough people give their money to organizations who are mindful of their effect on our planet, they will take over those companies who are doing just the opposite.

I want this to be a place of educated discussion. I will try my best not to say anything without having evidence to back it up and I expect the same from you (those who wish to comment)! If you have recipes you love, companies you support or thoughts to share, do it! That's what The Organic Hype is all about!



-The Organic Hype

No comments: